Monday, October 19, 2009

Pretty Boxes

With all the reorganizing going on around here, I've been considering ways of storing things in plain sight.  You know,  fancy boxes that sit on bookshelves.  I don't have any of those so thoughts of cardboard, wallpaper, and glue have been swirling in my head trying to figure it all out.

Today I decided to see what the internet had to offer.  In my opinion, the best place to start this type of project is Instructables.com .  I haven't actually found what I'm thinking about.  However, did you know that there is a very simple way to make shoe boxes look nice?  Check it out here.

Here are my before and afters.

 

I had three such shoe boxes so turned them all inside out.



Your turn ;-)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Colleen said...

what a cool idea April! I never would have thought about that. Good luck on your organizing and I like your new blog!